I have just finished getting Wizz RSS running on Firefox 4.0b2. I have not done compressive testing, so please report any bugs or funnies you may find, so that they can get fixed!
Here is a list of some of the things that have changed in Wizz RSS 4.0: -
1. The HTML sanitization has been made a little smarter, which should, I hope, make feed reading a little faster.
2. For some weird reason (attempting to understand the workings of the Firefox core developer’s mind is usually a waste of time) the Wizz RSS context menus, on Firefox 4.0b2, suddenly got a transparent background without any border. I have hard-coded the styling of the context menus to have a white background and a 1px solid #a0a0a0 border.
3. Of course the Places code changed, AGAIN (so what’s new?), so the Wizz RSS 4.0 code has been changed to tie into these changes.
4. Prefs, that Firefox has used since the beginning of time, to indicate enabled or disabled history, and to indicate if browsing history should be deleted on shutdown, were changed in Firefox 4.0. Wizz RSS uses these prefs to display warnings that the read/unread status of feed items (when these options are disabled/enabled) will not work correctly (otherwise the brain-dead constantly report bugs with regard to Wizz RSS’ inability to correctly record the read/unread status of feed items). The Wizz RSS 4.0 code was changed to reference the new prefs.
5. The Wizz RSS Nag Page has not been disabled in the beta. Once we have finished beta testing, and are fairly confident that the code is stable, I’ll make a no-nag version available in the same way as I have done in the past.
If you’d like to test Wizz RSS 4.0 beta, you can get it here.
Please remember that this is a beta, and that I rely on YOU to report bugs!
Known issues: -
The scroll bar in the items pane doesn’t work properly. Even if there are items listed below the bottom of the list pane, the scroll bar indicates that there aren’t any. I assume this is a bug with Firefox 4.0b2, as I have seen the same behavior in other add-ons that use the Firefox listbox widget.
Quick fix: Scroll up and down in the item pane using the scroll wheel on your mouse – Assuming that your mouse has a scroll wheel.